"Netflix and Chill” will get better after these films release in October. Find out!
By Riddhika Chakrabarti
Quarantine and the pandemic would have been much more stressful and boring if we did not have movies and series to catch up with. There are quite a good number of apps and sites where we can binge-watch films and series that may be Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+Hotstar and the list goes on. In spite of so many options, the most used phrase is always "Netflix and Chill." Due to the pandemic, many businesses and startups have suffered but on the contrary, Netflix has been flourishing more than ever.
October unlike other months is ready to bring for us truckloads of joy, fun, and happiness. This October, Netflix is coming up with a bunch of films and series.
1. Serious Men- This film is directed by Sudhir Mishra and casts Nawazuddin Siddiqui. This film shows how an underprivileged man wants to change his life. He does have an idea to do so but the question is "will it work?"
2. The Haunting of Bly Manor- This series is a continuation to the previous series of Haunting of the Hill House and is based on the novel The Turn of the Screw by Henry James. This series will get you all geared up for Halloween.
3. Over the Moon- This will be an American - Chinese animated movie directed by Glen Kean where a little girl will build a rocket to meet a mythological goddess.
4. The Trial of Chicago 7- This film will definitely have itself listed for the Oscar nominations. It casts Micheal Keaton, Eddie Redmayne, Joseph Gordon Levitt. It portrays the protests of 1968 which were meant to be peaceful but later turned violent.
5. The Unsolved Mysteries Vol. 2- This will be the second season of this series. The first part ended back in 2010. In this season new crime incidents will be shown.
These were 5 upcoming Netflix films and series. A few others are Hubie Halloween, The Queen's Gambit, Ginny weds Sunny, and A Suitable Boy.
Mark the dates on your calendars and get ready for the ultimate film experience. Stay tuned for more!